Happy May! As all of us at the Habersham Forest are counting down the days to our Teddy Bear Tea Party in Atlanta, we have all types of cuddly bears on our mind.
Today, we love our Mini Steiff Teddy Bears! They are just as cute as can be and are the best little travel buddies.
Of course, these little teddy bears are tres chic, all dressed up and designed by our couturier in the Habersham
Forest Style Studio.
Stay tuned for more details about the tea party and a lot more fun teddy bear facts, pictures and more to come. Don’t forget to visit our site at http://www.sassafrassjones.com
Even though the holidays are over (and there is a short period before Valentine’s Day gift guides pop up everywhere), people are still giving and receiving gifts. Whether it’s for a birthday, a special occasion, a thank you or a congratulations…there is always a reason to buy a gift.
As most of you know, the inhabitants at the Habersham Forest love to help others through donations and charity involvements. So much so that the proceeds from our new Sassafrass Jones & Her Forever Friends ABCs book go directly to this great organization Canine Companions for Independence.
So, we decided to a make a list where you can find some great products and gifts, while doing good at the same time. Let us know if you have any others that you would like us to add to the list. We just wanted to give a few examples to get you started.
- Toms We all know that Tom’s brand donates a pair of shoes for each pair purposed. That is their philosophy and they have been doing that forever. But now, they have expanded that into their line of eyewear and handbags. We, of course, love the eyewear. With every purchase of eyewear, Tom’s will help to give sight to a person. One for one. Check out these Maverick 201 Black shades. For a mere $139, you get these and you get the chance to give the gift of sight
- Yoobi These fun and playful classroom and office supplies adorable and every purchase you make is for a good cause. For every Yoobi item you purchase, Yoobi gives one item to a classroom or student in need. Our favorite thing right now is The Weekender Getaway Bundle which includes a rubber luggage tag, a 24 pack of gel pens, an aqua colored journal, an aqua duffle bag and blue ear buds in a case. Our fave part of this item is that it comes with five goodies, and in return, Yoobi donates five goodies when you buy this.
- Joan Hornig This designer knows how to make a statement. And we mean that in a variety of ways. Not only does she design show-stopping Hollywood-worth jewels but she donates 100% of the profits to a charity of the purchaser’s choosing. How cool? So, if we wanted to purchase something from her amazing silver linings collection, we could pick Canine Companions for Independence as the charity of our choice. Fittingly, I think our favorite is the Bark for a Cause Bone and Heart Charm Pair necklace One for my collar and one that Mama Sassafrass can wear on the chain around her neck.
- Of course, we are partial to Steiff when it comes to Teddy Bears. And we rarely look at anything else just because Steiff is part of the family. But, this company, Bears for Humanity, definitely gives us reason to pay attention. For each organic teddy bear purchased, they give one to a child in need. Now that, my friends, is very cool. Take the bear, Sweetie, for instance. Sweetie is made with 100% certified organic cotton/hemp fibers and I quote “these bears are infinitely snuggly and are at home at a tea party or a dance party. Plus, our naturally anti-bacterial organic fabric gives you the peace of mind you can’t get from polyester plush toys” You can even accessorize Sweetie with a bib, a message, a bow tie or a polo shirt. Now we are talking.
- Sassafrass Jones & Her Forever Friends ABCs book. Come on, its not like we could talk about all the brands we love that are giving to charities and not mention our own:) Did you know that 100% of the proceeds from the purchase of this fun and whimsical ABC book filled with an amusing cast of Steiff animals goes to Canine Companions for Independence? Order now and help support the best organization in whole world!
These are a few of my favorite dressed up Steffs. Here we have my family of mice decked out in handmade outfits, hats and bows, courtes of M(s. Lynn. Then there is the puffed up dog with the tulle outfit and my favorite: The Hello Kitty-themed skirt and outfit that was created just last week in the Habersham Forest Style Studio.
And these are just the beginning. Get ready to be blown away by the jewels, hats, clothing on our favorite gaggle of Steiff buddies.
Some of these are for sale, (each Steiff dressed in garb has been hand made with the best of the best) on the website www.sassafrassjones.com
Here is my first Sassy Steiff Fact….#sassysteifffact….
Of course we know that Steiff animals and teddy bears are simply the best in the market, but did you know that there is The Steiff Purity Law that ensures each animals meets the highest standards.
- NO HARMFUL SUBSTANCES We voluntarily go far beyond the legallyrequired standards and even surpass them. Because we are convinced that only animals which pose no health hazard deserve the good name Steiff.
- NO ALLERGENIC SUBSTANCES We have high expectations of our suppliers whom we oblige to adhere to the strict Steiff guidelines. We extensively examine all the basic materials before they are used in production.
- NO HARMFUL DYES OR COLOURS We have voluntarily imposed stricter regulations than required by law for all our dyes and colours. Children can put Steiff products in their mouths without any misgivings.
- HIGHEST-QUALITY MATERIALS Only the finest natural fibres, such as mohair and alpaca or woven fur made of synthetic fibres, are woven in our own weaving manufactory, Steiff Schulte in Duisburg. Furthermore, we use only carefully-selected, inspected materials by well-known manufacturers.
- LINT-FREE PLUSH The plush of a Steiff animal has always been something special. It is extraordinarily true-to-nature, soft, long-lasting and does not lose any hair. We use only lint-free uppers made of the highest quality.
- NO HARMFUL FILLINGS We use exclusively new and non-harmful materials from the factory for the fillings of our Teddy bears and soft animals. The fillings of our animals are, of course, inspected by Oeko-Tex.
- HIGHEST-QUALITY SEAM WORKMANSHIP This is ensured by the standardised Steiff seam width as well as the high density of seams, which is typical only for animals from our company. A Steiff animal will last a lifetime.
- HYGIENIC PRODUCTION For the production of our animals, we pay careful attention that we adhere to all hygiene and cleanliness standards. For example, that is why use metal detectors during all the production processes.
- INDEPENDENT INSPECTION For decades, we have had our products independently inspected by the LGA in Nuremberg, and we collaborate intensively with other independent institutes, such as T†V and Dekra. In our laboratory in Giengen an der Brenz, we conduct over 12,000 additional tests every year. The Steiff Quality Management System is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001 (German Industrial Standards).
- QUALITY SINCE 1880 Throughout the various production steps, we produce continuously environmentallyfriendly as well as in view of the flawless quality and longevity of our products. A Steiff animal can be a companion throughout a whole childhood and still be a source of joy even as an adult.
Thanks to http://www.steiffbearusa.com for this information on our cuddly animals!