For the person who has everything what will you buy?
We know, a great idea, get a Spunky dog from CCI.
These adorable Steiff plush Goldens are each made by hand.
Also 100% of your purchas goes to changing lives and taking a stand.
Spunky is adorable plush little animal full of spirit and funk.
For yourself, for a kid..this gift is a slam dunk.
Buy an original Spunky sporting a Dodgers blue cap.Or a Rat Pack styles Spunky who is one cool cat.
Opt for the Royal version with a cape and crown for the king.
This one wears his outfit with boldness and bling.
Step up to the bat for the fab CCI.
And remember these doggies are in limited supply.
Join Team Spunky, hop on board our train.
Is there anything more that I need to explain?
Welcome to a new a series we are going to start called Wrap it Up with Laura Lasorda.
For those of you who do not know me, I am Sassafrass Jones, a perky Pekingese with “Cateye” glasses who finally found her “Forever home” in Habersham Forest. In other words I am a dog and now, thanks to my mom Cathleen Smith, I have my very own Steiff dog with my name on the tags.
I blog about all things, but especially all of the exciting things that happen in our home, The Habersham Forest. Currently, my mom has just released her second book of the Sassafrass Jones series called Sassafrass Jones & Her Forever Friends ABCs. She wrote it with the ultimate Steiff authority, Rebekah Kaufman. But the book is just the beginning. There are jewels and crowns and dresses for all of us animals in the forest.
This post focuses on one of my favorite things: gifts! Laura Lasorda, my mom’s “forever friend” is a pro when it comes to giving gifts and especially the wrapping of the gifts. Sometimes the wrapping is so cool, that we don’t even want to unwrap the package (but of course, we always do).
My forever friends and I can always spot a Laura Lasorda gift a mile away. From the adornments and color to the themes and shapes, Aunt Laura is the “wrapping queen”. Her gifts (aka works of art) are magical, and the latest batch that arrived for us just the other day was no exception.
This is just the beginning……stay tuned for more Wrap It Up with Laura Lasorda for the holidays. And if you have any great ideas for gift wrapping, we would love for you to share them with us.Enjoy the photos and stay tuned for her holiday-themed series.
xoxo Sassafrass Jones
It’s time. Drum roll, please. The second book in the Sassafrass series is out and ready to buy. Sassafrass Jones and Her Forever Friends keeps all of us critters and humans in the forest entertained for hours. Written by my mom Cathleen Smith Bresciani and the Steiff wonder woman and North American Authority Rebekah Kaufman, the ABC books definitely gets my Sassy Seal of Approval. Before I give you a sneak peek into this new children’s book (click HERE to buy), you my friends should know that ALL proceeds from the sale of this book go directly to the organization dear to our hearts, Canine Companions for Independence.
I keep a stack of money buried in the forest for only very special purchases. Well, I have already bought four copies and it feels great to help this cool organization that provides service dogs at no cost to the recipients. (More on this organization in my later posts).
Here’s the rundown of the book….each letter has a beautiful page with a corresponding Steiff animal, an amazing vignette (created by the talented set designer in Habersham Forest, Chris), a fun poem and Sassy Steiff fact. Oh, and to add another element of learning, the name of the animal appears in five different language (and a phonetic way to say them). That was a lot to get out in one breath, and I may have a lot of talents, but writing and talking are still a work in progress. So, I am going to let you see for yourself….just one of my favorite pages so i don’t spoil the book.
In case you have slight eye problems like myself, I will write out the cool stuff on this page:
“These pretty ladies love clothes with a passion; They’re the perfect zoo sisters to model high fashion!
And the Sassy Steiff Fact: These Steiff giraffes were made in five sizes ranging from 6 to 30 inches from 1953 through 1974. The smallest size was made from velvet while the larger versions were made from mohair, a woolen fabric. Steiff is also famous for the life-like and life-sized giraffes, some of which stand more than a whopping 8 feet tall!
Can you believe it, Miss Rebekah and Mama Cathy found a Steiff animal for every letter of the alphabet. Make sure to order your copy for the holidays. Kids and adults alike will love this!
Here is my first Sassy Steiff Fact….#sassysteifffact….
Of course we know that Steiff animals and teddy bears are simply the best in the market, but did you know that there is The Steiff Purity Law that ensures each animals meets the highest standards.
- NO HARMFUL SUBSTANCES We voluntarily go far beyond the legallyrequired standards and even surpass them. Because we are convinced that only animals which pose no health hazard deserve the good name Steiff.
- NO ALLERGENIC SUBSTANCES We have high expectations of our suppliers whom we oblige to adhere to the strict Steiff guidelines. We extensively examine all the basic materials before they are used in production.
- NO HARMFUL DYES OR COLOURS We have voluntarily imposed stricter regulations than required by law for all our dyes and colours. Children can put Steiff products in their mouths without any misgivings.
- HIGHEST-QUALITY MATERIALS Only the finest natural fibres, such as mohair and alpaca or woven fur made of synthetic fibres, are woven in our own weaving manufactory, Steiff Schulte in Duisburg. Furthermore, we use only carefully-selected, inspected materials by well-known manufacturers.
- LINT-FREE PLUSH The plush of a Steiff animal has always been something special. It is extraordinarily true-to-nature, soft, long-lasting and does not lose any hair. We use only lint-free uppers made of the highest quality.
- NO HARMFUL FILLINGS We use exclusively new and non-harmful materials from the factory for the fillings of our Teddy bears and soft animals. The fillings of our animals are, of course, inspected by Oeko-Tex.
- HIGHEST-QUALITY SEAM WORKMANSHIP This is ensured by the standardised Steiff seam width as well as the high density of seams, which is typical only for animals from our company. A Steiff animal will last a lifetime.
- HYGIENIC PRODUCTION For the production of our animals, we pay careful attention that we adhere to all hygiene and cleanliness standards. For example, that is why use metal detectors during all the production processes.
- INDEPENDENT INSPECTION For decades, we have had our products independently inspected by the LGA in Nuremberg, and we collaborate intensively with other independent institutes, such as T†V and Dekra. In our laboratory in Giengen an der Brenz, we conduct over 12,000 additional tests every year. The Steiff Quality Management System is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001 (German Industrial Standards).
- QUALITY SINCE 1880 Throughout the various production steps, we produce continuously environmentallyfriendly as well as in view of the flawless quality and longevity of our products. A Steiff animal can be a companion throughout a whole childhood and still be a source of joy even as an adult.
Thanks to http://www.steiffbearusa.com for this information on our cuddly animals!