Guess what….our Sassafrass Jones ABCS book…you know the one thatb p features a Steiff animal and a cute poem for each letter of the alphabet is buzzing this week. The children’s book written by Mama Sassafrass ( Cathleen Smith Bresciani) and Steiff master Rebekah Kaufman was in the Buzzometer!!
Check me out…I had to sashay and do a few poses. Thanks US Weekly!
Even though the holidays are over (and there is a short period before Valentine’s Day gift guides pop up everywhere), people are still giving and receiving gifts. Whether it’s for a birthday, a special occasion, a thank you or a congratulations…there is always a reason to buy a gift.
As most of you know, the inhabitants at the Habersham Forest love to help others through donations and charity involvements. So much so that the proceeds from our new Sassafrass Jones & Her Forever Friends ABCs book go directly to this great organization Canine Companions for Independence.
So, we decided to a make a list where you can find some great products and gifts, while doing good at the same time. Let us know if you have any others that you would like us to add to the list. We just wanted to give a few examples to get you started.
- Toms We all know that Tom’s brand donates a pair of shoes for each pair purposed. That is their philosophy and they have been doing that forever. But now, they have expanded that into their line of eyewear and handbags. We, of course, love the eyewear. With every purchase of eyewear, Tom’s will help to give sight to a person. One for one. Check out these Maverick 201 Black shades. For a mere $139, you get these and you get the chance to give the gift of sight
- Yoobi These fun and playful classroom and office supplies adorable and every purchase you make is for a good cause. For every Yoobi item you purchase, Yoobi gives one item to a classroom or student in need. Our favorite thing right now is The Weekender Getaway Bundle which includes a rubber luggage tag, a 24 pack of gel pens, an aqua colored journal, an aqua duffle bag and blue ear buds in a case. Our fave part of this item is that it comes with five goodies, and in return, Yoobi donates five goodies when you buy this.
- Joan Hornig This designer knows how to make a statement. And we mean that in a variety of ways. Not only does she design show-stopping Hollywood-worth jewels but she donates 100% of the profits to a charity of the purchaser’s choosing. How cool? So, if we wanted to purchase something from her amazing silver linings collection, we could pick Canine Companions for Independence as the charity of our choice. Fittingly, I think our favorite is the Bark for a Cause Bone and Heart Charm Pair necklace One for my collar and one that Mama Sassafrass can wear on the chain around her neck.
- Of course, we are partial to Steiff when it comes to Teddy Bears. And we rarely look at anything else just because Steiff is part of the family. But, this company, Bears for Humanity, definitely gives us reason to pay attention. For each organic teddy bear purchased, they give one to a child in need. Now that, my friends, is very cool. Take the bear, Sweetie, for instance. Sweetie is made with 100% certified organic cotton/hemp fibers and I quote “these bears are infinitely snuggly and are at home at a tea party or a dance party. Plus, our naturally anti-bacterial organic fabric gives you the peace of mind you can’t get from polyester plush toys” You can even accessorize Sweetie with a bib, a message, a bow tie or a polo shirt. Now we are talking.
- Sassafrass Jones & Her Forever Friends ABCs book. Come on, its not like we could talk about all the brands we love that are giving to charities and not mention our own:) Did you know that 100% of the proceeds from the purchase of this fun and whimsical ABC book filled with an amusing cast of Steiff animals goes to Canine Companions for Independence? Order now and help support the best organization in whole world!
So much is brewing and happening in the Habersham Forest. It seems everyone is hard at work prepping for our big weekend in New York City. I am so excited I can barely sleep at night. Of course the Verdura Holiday party is going to spectacular and I will share all the glam and sparkly details on that in the next few days, but I wanted to let all of our friends around the world know about our book reading on December 6, 2015 hosted by the Loews Regency Hotel.
It is going to a blast, especially for the little ones, the women, the men, and most importantly the canines. And yes, I will be there (still working on my outfit) but I am talking about the amazing canines from the Humane Society of New York who are going to be there searching for their Forever Home. My mission on this trip, aside from getting to take in the sights of the city at Christmas time and my big Verdura debut, is going to be to get these little friends adopted by loving families.
Here is the invitation that my found inside my mom’s trunk in the Habersham Forest. It is where she keeps her very important items, and I may have slipped it out for a few hours so I could make sure I could get it on the blog. I don’t think mommy will mind though. She is the one who dedicates all of her time and effort into finding dogs and families Forever Homes.
Although a lot of my friends and critters will be joining us for this delightful afternoon, some of them have to stay behind and hold down the Forest while we are gone. So, if you can’t go, don’t you worry, I will make sure some one takes pictures and I will make sure to give you guys a play by play of the party as soon as we get back to our Magical Forest of Habersham.