Here is my first Sassy Steiff Fact….#sassysteifffact….
Of course we know that Steiff animals and teddy bears are simply the best in the market, but did you know that there is The Steiff Purity Law that ensures each animals meets the highest standards.
- NO HARMFUL SUBSTANCES We voluntarily go far beyond the legallyrequired standards and even surpass them. Because we are convinced that only animals which pose no health hazard deserve the good name Steiff.
- NO ALLERGENIC SUBSTANCES We have high expectations of our suppliers whom we oblige to adhere to the strict Steiff guidelines. We extensively examine all the basic materials before they are used in production.
- NO HARMFUL DYES OR COLOURS We have voluntarily imposed stricter regulations than required by law for all our dyes and colours. Children can put Steiff products in their mouths without any misgivings.
- HIGHEST-QUALITY MATERIALS Only the finest natural fibres, such as mohair and alpaca or woven fur made of synthetic fibres, are woven in our own weaving manufactory, Steiff Schulte in Duisburg. Furthermore, we use only carefully-selected, inspected materials by well-known manufacturers.
- LINT-FREE PLUSH The plush of a Steiff animal has always been something special. It is extraordinarily true-to-nature, soft, long-lasting and does not lose any hair. We use only lint-free uppers made of the highest quality.
- NO HARMFUL FILLINGS We use exclusively new and non-harmful materials from the factory for the fillings of our Teddy bears and soft animals. The fillings of our animals are, of course, inspected by Oeko-Tex.
- HIGHEST-QUALITY SEAM WORKMANSHIP This is ensured by the standardised Steiff seam width as well as the high density of seams, which is typical only for animals from our company. A Steiff animal will last a lifetime.
- HYGIENIC PRODUCTION For the production of our animals, we pay careful attention that we adhere to all hygiene and cleanliness standards. For example, that is why use metal detectors during all the production processes.
- INDEPENDENT INSPECTION For decades, we have had our products independently inspected by the LGA in Nuremberg, and we collaborate intensively with other independent institutes, such as T†V and Dekra. In our laboratory in Giengen an der Brenz, we conduct over 12,000 additional tests every year. The Steiff Quality Management System is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001 (German Industrial Standards).
- QUALITY SINCE 1880 Throughout the various production steps, we produce continuously environmentallyfriendly as well as in view of the flawless quality and longevity of our products. A Steiff animal can be a companion throughout a whole childhood and still be a source of joy even as an adult.
Thanks to http://www.steiffbearusa.com for this information on our cuddly animals!